Appointment and resignation of a director for a Dutch company
How can our company secretarial team help?
Our company secretarial services are tailored to meet your needs, explicitly designed for Dutch companies with non-Dutch management, located outside the Netherlands.
The services provided are designed to the needs of non-resident directors, non-resident company secretaries, or individuals who operate and maintain Dutch companies in their jurisdictions.
To simplify and streamline the process, foreign businesses are finding it more attractive to hire a Dutch company secretary to help them deal with unexpected issues when arises.
In addition, they complete and file paperwork within the timeframe in accordance with Dutch law and the deed of incorporation (like the articles of association).
Do you know that when the director of a Dutch company does not reside in the Netherlands, Dutch Companies House “KVK” has different rules for filing corporate changes?
1. Non-resident directors cannot file any corporate changes electronically
2. Online identification cannot be verified online.
It may be more complex and time-consuming to submit any changes.
But our local company secretary team can file the the appointment or resignation on your behalf and post the required documents for you locally.
There is no need to be concerned about the filing not being complete, not filed within the statutory deadline or not being compliant with Dutch legislation.
Outsource your company secretarial work of your dutch company today, apart from the above mentioned benefits, our services costs at a fraction of the costs of what the Dutch lawyer charges per hour.
We offer a fixed fee arrangement so that you no longer need to worry about being over the budget.
We would be pleased to speak with you on a free consultation basis to discuss how we may be of assistance.
How to appoint of a new director of a Dutch limited company?
The director of your Dutch company can be of any nationality; it is not necessary to appoint a local resident.
For tax substances, some international companies may appoint a local Dutch director.
But if your Dutch BV company is set up for trading purposes, there is no legal requirement for you to appoint a local director.
When appointing a Dutch company's director, what documents are required?
- An application for registration with the Dutch Companies House, which must be completed and signed.
- Minutes of the appointment of a Dutch company’s director.
- It is a must to send the documents and attachments by postal mail to the Dutch companies’ house at the designated address for non-residents directors.
Appointment of a new dutch director package
- Ensure the client understands the entire procedure by communicating with him or her;
- Draft minutes of shareholders meeting in accordance with the deed of incorporation;
- Completing the form required by the Dutch Companies House, also known as KVK;
- Ensure that the director signs the requested document;
- After the decision has been made, the forms and required attachments will be sent within seven days;
- Ensure that the document is sent by registered mail to the Dutch Companies House designated address;
- Verify receipt of the post and follow up if necessary;
- An extract reflecting the new changes will be provided.
Find out more about various packages associated with our company secretarial services.
How to resign a director of a dutch company?
Documents required for the removal of a director from a Dutch company.
- A letter of resignation
- A completed form is required by the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce
- Minutes of board meeting
- A copy of the director passport in question
Resignation of a dutch director package
- Ensure the client understands the entire procedure by communicating with him or her.
- Prepare a letter of resignation within compliance to the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce
- Draft minutes of a board meeting in accordance with the deed of incorporation.
- Fill out the necessary form required by the Dutch Companies House
- Ensure that the director signs the requested document.
- After the decision has been made, the forms and required attachments will be sent within seven days.
- Ensure that the document is sent by registered mail to the Dutch Companies House address.
- Verify receipt of the post and follow up if necessary
- Provide an extract reflecting the changes made.
We offer pay-as-you-go services, so you do not have to commit to a yearly fee
You pay ONLY when you require our services.
If you require any other company secretarial services which are not listed here, for example:
- Changing the name of a Dutch company.
- Changing the address of a Dutch-registered company.
- Change of articles of association
- Paying dividends